Contest Name: WWWV Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2013 VIP Passes
Station(s): 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Charlottesville Radio Group Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliated companies (together, the “Company”), will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
The Company may conduct the Contest concurrently and simultaneously on several participating radio stations owned by the Company, and the Company may add or remove participating stations or change call letters of any participating station at any time during the Contest as announced on the affected station.
1. On-air qualifying April 23 – May 10, 2013 to be entered to win one (1) grand prize of two (2) VIP tickets to Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2013 on June 13-16, 2013.
A. Dates of Contest: The Contest will begin on or about April 23, 2013 and end on or about May 10, 2013. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Open only to legal residents of Virginia who are at least 18 years old at time of entry. All U.S. federal, state, local and municipal laws apply.
B. How to Enter: Each weekday April 23 – May 10, 2013 listen to 97-5 3WV’s Pop Quiz where listeners must be the 7th (seventh) caller and correctly answer that day’s trivia question to qualify for a chance to win the Grand Prize of VIP tickets to the Festival.
C. How to Play: On May 13, 2013 one winner from all qulifiers will be randomly selected to win the Grand Prize. A total of fourteen (14) winners will be chosen from all on-air contesting with 97-5 3WV. All winners receive a prize pack from the Station. If the Station is unable to contact the winner with the information provided, the Station reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion.
Prizes: A total of fourteen (14) winners receive a qualifying prize pack. Qualifying prize pack includes standard car wash from Express Car Wash and one large, one topping pizza from Dominos Pizza. Retail Value of: $25.00
Grand Prizes: One (1) winner from all entries received will receive the Grand Prize of two (2) VIP Passes to Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival 2013. Approximate retail value: $800 – PLEASE NOTE: grand prize winner will be required to complete a W-9 for tax purposes.
The prize(s) are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. Winner(s) must present state authorized identification prior to being awarded the prize. All prizes or prize vouchers must be redeemed from the Station within 30 days of the contest end date unless stated otherwise in these official rules. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified for any reason, the Company reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, in its sole discretion. If a winner cannot accept the prize as stated by sponsor the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
3. Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. (except CA) residents, at least 18-years old, as determined by the Company and have a legal driver’s license. Employees of the Company, the Contest’s participating sponsors and their advertising agencies, employees of The Charlottesville Radio Stations, other stations or media, any of either of their distributors, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotional agencies and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related. Persons in any of the following categories are not eligible to participate or win a prize: (a) persons who since January 1, 2011 were employees or agents of Charlottesville Radio Group their respective parent companies, distributors, affiliates of any of the following organizations: (a) individuals engaged in the development of the production or distribution of materials for, or the implementation of, this sweepstakes; and (b) employees of, persons in the immediate family of, or persons living in the same household as any person in any of the proceeding categories.
4. Telephone and Delivery Disclaimer. The Company disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete or continue a text call due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Company’s control, or otherwise. For all contests the Company disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by mail, courier, express, electronic transmission, or other delivery method. The Company is not responsible for mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: failed, incomplete, traffic congestion on telephone lines, and any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Contest.
5. Publicity; Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Company exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other contests and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Company may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes. By participating and accepting a prize, winner releases and agrees to hold harmless Charlottesville Radio Group, their respective parent companies, distributors, affiliates and subsidiaries; the service agencies and independent contractors of any of the above organizations; and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents, including advertising and promotional agencies, from any and all liability for any injuries including but not limited to, personal injury, bodily injury (including, without limitation, wrongful death), property damage, or loss of damage of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from delivery/non-delivery, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of the prize or from participation in this sweepstakes-related activity.
6. Release. By participating in the Contest, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Company, its employees and agents, the Contest’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize.
7. Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Company, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prizes which are not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Company with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Company will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
8. Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Company personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Company will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Company’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Company, the Company reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Company deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Company and are final. The Company may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Company reserve the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Miscellaneous. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend upon the number of participants. Each winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Company’s release form to claim the prize. The Company may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Contest at any time as announced on the Station(s). The Company disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Contest. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, visit the business office of the Station during normal business hours or visit the Station’s website. The prize is non transferable. No cash or prize substitutions, except the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of comparable value.
10. Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. Station(s) shall follow the applicable laws for conducting contests, including notice to the state attorney general or consumer affairs office, posting of a prize bond, furnishing lists of winners, running specific on-air disclaimers, providing specific written information about the Contest, etc. as required by local and state law. For a list of winners, send a self addressed stamped envelope to WWWV Bonnaroo VIP Pass Contest, 1140 Rose Hill Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22903. Must be received by 6/10/13 to be fulfilled.
Updated Rules 4/12/13