News

Fire Heavily Damages House In Four Seasons

Fire Heavily Damages House In Four Seasons

Photo: WINA

A fire in the Four Seasons subdivision has left one Albemarle County resident without a home. It happened after a mattress caught fire after one of his visiting granddaughters lit a candle in a second story bedroom. The two-alarm blaze broke out around 7 a.m. Thursday on Lakeview Drive. Albemarle Fire and Rescue estimates the damage to be $150,000.

 

 

Latest Stories

in National

American fighting with ISIS killed in Syria

Fresh
mccain

An American suspected of fighting alongside Islamic State militants has been killed, U.S. officials say.

in National

American freed by Syrian militants excited to be free

Fresh
syria

A U.S. writer released from two years in the captivity of insurgents in Syria is doing well and is excited to be free, his mother says.

in Weird

Bear heads stolen from remote Maine cabin

Fresh
brownbear

A thief broke in but didn't get the jewelry and electronics that most burglars seek.