Malfunctioning Air Compressor Leads To Evacuation At Burnley-Moran

Malfunctioning Air Compressor Leads To Evacuation At Burnley-Moran

Photo: WINA

Burnley-Moran Elementary School (pictured) was evacuated Wednesday morning due to a light haze found in the gymnasium. There was no active fire. Charlottesville Fire Batallion Chief Rich Jones says there was a problem with a freon line from an air compressor. Jones says students initially were evacuated to school buses and then moved to part of the building that was away from the incident. The Burnley-Moran students returned to the building to resume the school day.


Latest Stories

in Sports, Viral Videos

WATCH: Peewee footballers ‘Whip’ and ‘Nae Nae’ instead of playing


That moment when you're supposed to be playing football but your jam comes on ...

in National

Gov’t health insurance website getting upgrades


Consumers shopping on the government's health insurance website should find it easier to get their questions answered this year.

in Sports

Cleveland appeals ‘jock tax’ ruling to Supreme Court


The city of Cleveland says it is within its rights to tax visiting professional athletes based on the number of games they play a year because taxation is a matter of local jurisdiction.