News

Randy Taylor Tells WINA News “I’m innocent”

Randy Taylor Tells WINA News “I’m innocent”

Photo: WINA

In an interview with Newsradio 1070 WINA, Randy Taylor insists he did not kill Alexis Murphy, the Nelson County teenager who disappeared last August and whose body has never been found. Taylor does admit to meeting the 17-year-old at a Lovingston gas station and asking her where he could buy marijuana. He says Murphy told him the friend she was with had it, and that’s the only reason he led her to the small camper where he lived. But when interviewed by police, he left that out of his story until later in their string of interviews before his arrest. He calls withholding that information one of his greatest regrets. He also expressed anger toward his attorney, saying he only saw Mike Hallahan five times between the arrest and his trial. Taylor says his attorney did nothing to protect him from being convicted. When asked about his feelings toward Alexis Murphy’s family, he said he felt great pain because he has a son and can’t image the pain if his son had been murdered. Taylor will appeal his sentence, but he says he doubts he’ll ever be able to clear his name.

Latest Stories

in Local Sports, Sports, UVA Sports

Virginia Defeats Cleveland State 70-54 To Remain Unbeaten

Fresh
VSabre for web~1240x800 copy

Virginia continues their undefeated season with a 70-54 win.

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.