News

Kitchen Fire On Carrsbrook Drive

Kitchen Fire On Carrsbrook Drive

Photo: WINA

Fire damaged a kitchen Friday afternoon at a house on Carrsbrook Drive. It happened shortly after 1 p.m. at 220 Carrsbrook Drive. A pan with grease on the stovetop began to burn, and the fire extended to a microwave and cabinets. Two people in the house had slight burns. No firefighters were injuried. Authorities say a smoke alarm in the house was not working at the time of the fire. Estimated damage was $2,500.

Latest Stories

in Local Sports, Sports, UVA, UVA Sports

Hoos Drop Heartbreaker to UNC on Homecomings

NCAA Football: Virginia at Brigham Young

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP)– Mitch Trubisky threw a 16-yard touchdown pass on his only play of the game, giving North Carolina…

in National

Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting

mp

Authorities are seeking a motive as to why a high school student shot dead a female classmate and wounded four others.

in Entertainment

This weekend in entertainment history

beatles

A look back on some of Hollywood's most memorable moments.