News

Fire Guts House On Clark Road

Fire Guts House On Clark Road

Photo: WINA

Investigators now believe a stove that was left unattended was the cause of a fire late last week in the northwest corner of Albemarle. County Fire and Rescue officials say smoke was billowing from the house in the 4100-block of Clark Road when crews got the call at around 1:40 p.m. Friday. The gas stove was left on and there was no one in the house when firefighters arrived on the scene. There’s a $112 thousand preliminary damage estimate.

 

 

Latest Stories

in Entertainment

See what’s new on Netflix this month

17-overlay6

Are you over fireworks and cookouts? Stay inside and binge on these movies and shows that are now showing on Netflix.

in Sports

This weekend’s sports schedule

womensworldcup

Here is a look at some of this weekend's major sporting events.