News

Fire Displaces Esmont Family

Fire Displaces Esmont Family

Photo: WINA

Another rural family has been displaced by a fire. A chimney fire that spread to the rest of the house occurred  shortly before 8 a.m. Sunday at 6852 Porters Road in Esmont. Albemarle Fire & Rescue says flames were showing through the roof when crews arrived. There were no injuries. The County Fire Marshal estimates damage at around $65,000. The Red Cross is helping the family.

Latest Stories

in National

Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting

mp

Authorities are seeking a motive as to why a high school student shot dead a female classmate and wounded four others.

in Entertainment

This weekend in entertainment history

beatles

A look back on some of Hollywood's most memorable moments.

in Sports

This week’s top sports shots

royals

A look at some of this week's best moments in sports.