News

Crozet Harris Teeter Fire Caused By Employee Playing With Sparklers

Crozet Harris Teeter Fire Caused By Employee Playing With Sparklers

Photo: WINA

The cause of the fire at the Crozet Harris Teeter was an employee playing with sparklers. That word from Albemarle Assistant Fire Marshal Shawn Maddox. The fire early Monday caused $25,000 damage. It started in the service area of the store and spread to the roof.

Latest Stories

3 hours ago in Entertainment

Today in entertainment history: May 6

georgeclooney535004513551

A look at some of the entertainment headlines that made history.

16 hours ago in Entertainment

‘Oregon Trail,’ ‘Sonic’ join World Video Game Hall of Fame

videogamehall2016AP

Last year, "Super Mario Bros." and "Pong" were among the first inductees to the World Video Game Hall of Fame. The class of 2016 is just as strong.

19 hours ago in National, World

Mayors from big cities around globe push climate initiatives

parisclimate276422967025

The mayors of major cities from around the world are banding together to fight global warming by investing in public transportation and electric cars, planting trees and switching to solar energy.