News

We won’t see an ‘Anchorman 3′

We won’t see an ‘Anchorman 3′

NO MORE RON BURGUNDY: Adam McKay says the second "Anchorman" installment is the last. Photo: Associated Press

Director Adam McKay has ruled out plans to bring “Anchorman” back for another sequel.

Both the 2004 original and long-awaited 2013 follow-up were hits at the box office, bringing in a combined total of nearly $260 million worldwide, but McKay is adamant there will be no more films starring Will Ferrell’s news broadcaster character Ron Burgundy.

He says tells Empire magazine, “It’s done. I think that’s it. It was great to do it and it was so fun to work with those guys again, but I think that’s it for Ron Burgundy.

“That’s the last sequel we’re gonna do. There’s nothing more fun to me than new characters and a new world.. No ‘Anchorman 3.'”

When asked if he might change his mind again, after previously dismissing the idea of a second movie, he replies, “I’m going to say definitely no. I’ll actually say it in this case!”

Latest Stories

in Music

Journey drummer Deen Castronovo denied bail

Fresh
deencastrono

The troubled drummer will remain in an Oregon jail.

in Sports

Ex-Cowboys player C.J. Spillman charged with sexual assault

Fresh
cjspillman

Spillman, who has played six seasons in the NFL, is suspected of sexual assaulting a woman at a Dallas hotel.

in National, World

U.S. runs hundreds of counter-terrorism investigations

Police tape cordons off the site of a car bomb attack in Sanaa, Yemen, Tuesday, June 30, 2015. The explosion occurred near a military hospital in the Yemeni capital on Monday, causing dozens of casualties including civilians, security officials said. The Islamic State's Sanaa Division claimed responsibility on Twitter for detonating the parked car bomb, according to the SITE Intelligence Group monitoring service. (AP Photo/Hani Mohammed)

U.S. authorities are pursuing hundreds of active counter-terrorism investigations embracing all 50 American states.