News

Police search Bieber’s home in alleged egging

Police search Bieber’s home in alleged egging

DON'T EGG ME, BRO: Justin Bieber's neighbor says the pop star caused $20,000 in damage in a egg assault. Photo: Associated Press

California police have executed a search warrant at Justin Bieber’s home in connection to an alleged neighborhood egging incident.

The “Baby” hitmaker’s neighbor, who has reportedly clashed with the pop star in the past, called the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s department last week after reportedly discovering Bieber hurling eggs at his front door.

Police took down a report and subsequently named the singer a suspect in their investigation.

The victim initially claimed the 19-year-old’s alleged antics caused $400 in property damage, but estimates have now reached $20,000, according to TMZ.com.

On Tuesday, law enforcement officials arrived at the singer’s home to execute a felony search warrant.

Sheriff’s spokesman Steve Whitmore tells the New York Daily News, “I can confirm we have served a search warrant at Justin Bieber’s residence as part of a felony vandalism investigation.”

Bieber was reportedly detained in his garage as police searched the premises.

Whitmore continues, “He is there, and we are right now in the process of serving the warrant. We’re looking for anything we might need to move this investigation forward.”

It is not known what triggered the alleged incident between Bieber and his neighbor, but the Canada-born pop star has had several publicized run-ins with his neighbors.

Last year, Bieber was accused of speeding through the neighborhood in a Ferrari sports car and also spitting on his neighbor during a confrontation over parties at the singer’s home. Prosecutors did not bring charges against Bieber in either case.

Latest Stories

in Sports

Record 25M watch Women’s World Cup final on TV

Fresh
14-overlay4

The ratings set a new high for any soccer match televised in America.

in National, Sports

Boston bomber wants a new trial

Fresh
Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is pictured in an undated FBI handout photo

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who has been sentenced to death, filed a motion in federal court on Monday seeking a new trial.

in Entertainment

Cosby said he got drugs to give women for sex

Fresh
22-overlay1

The AP reports that during a 2005 deposition "The Cosby Show" star admitted to giving sedatives to at least one woman.