News

James Franco pens cryptic, creepy ‘Lindsay’ story

James Franco pens cryptic, creepy ‘Lindsay’ story

'BUNGALOW 89:' More than a scene in a short story? James Franco won't say. Photo: Associated Press

Actor James Franco has penned a short story which appears to rebuff reports suggesting he slept with Lindsay Lohan.

The “Spider-Man” star was linked to Lohan back in 2011, but denied speculation of a romance.

However, the gossip started up once again after Franco was included on a handwritten list of names, said to be the actress’ former lovers, which was published by a U.S. tabloid earlier this year.

Now Franco has tackled the subject in a bizarre and graphic short story for Vice.com, entitled “Bungalow 89.” The tale lifts the lid on his time staying at Los Angeles’ iconic Chateau Marmont hotel in 2011, and details his encounters with a woman named only as “Lindsay.”

Franco writes, “Once upon a time a guy, a Hollywood guy, read some Salinger (American writer J. D. Salinger) to a young woman who hadn’t read him before. Let’s call this girl Lindsay. She was a Hollywood girl, but a damaged one. I knew that she would like Salinger, because most young women do.”

He then adds, “Now we were lying in bed. I wasn’t going to (sleep with) her. She had her head on my shoulder. She started to talk. I let her… I ran my fingers through her hair and thought about this girl sleeping on my chest, our fictional Hollywood girl, Lindsay. What will she do? I hope she gets better. You see, she is famous. She was famous because she was a talented child actress, and now she’s famous because she gets into trouble. She is damaged.”

Latest Stories

in National

Jobless claims signal firmer labor market

Fresh
Job seekers adjust their paperwork as they wait in line to attend a job fair in New York February 28, 2013.

The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits unexpectedly fell last week, suggesting the labor market continued to strengthen.

in National

Accused Boston bomber appears in court

In this courtroom sketch, Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is depicted sitting in federal court in Boston Thursday, Dec. 18, 2014, for a final hearing before his trial begins in January. Tsarnaev is charged with the April 2013 attack that killed three people and injured more than 260. He could face the death penalty if convicted.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect told a judge that he was satisfied with his lawyers' preparations for the January start of his trial over the deadly 2013 attack.

in Entertainment

Third ‘Night at the Museum’ marks final film for Williams, Rooney

nightatthemuseum

The credits for "Secret of the Tomb," which opens Friday, read "In loving memory of Mickey Rooney," and "For Robin Williams - the magic never ends."